Monday, October 1, 2012

Feast Day of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux

Happy Feast Day to the Little Flower.  <3  We love you!  You are truly an inspiration, as the name of this blog attests.  Thank you for your continual prayers up there in Heaven for those of us on Earth.
 
"May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.”
― St. Thérèse de Lisieux
 
 
                                          (Photo credits: The Divine Mercy facebook page)

St. Thérèse said, "When I die, I will send down a shower of roses from the heavens.  I will spend my heaven by doing good on earth.”  During times of discernment, novenas to St. Therese are often said with the request that a rose be sent as a sign. 


Saint Thérèse, the Little Flower of Jesus, please
pick a rose from the heavenly garden, and send it
to me with a message of love.
I ask you to obtain for me the favors that I seek (here mention your request).
Recommend my request to Mary, Queen of
Heaven, so that she may intercede for me, with you,
before her Son, Jesus Christ.
If this favor is granted, I will love you more
and more, and be better prepared to spend eternal
happiness with you in heaven.
Saint Thérèse of the Little Flower, pray for me.


 “For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.” 
- St. Thérèse of Lisieux
 
Caritas Christi Urget Nos,
The Little Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment